This year we are bringing back our group stewardship trips at ONDA, AND will continue to offer most of the independent stewards projects we developed because of the pandemic.
I’m going to be leading a variety of different trips this year including:
- South Fork Crooked River Riparian Planting (this will be a big party to celebrate ONDA’s 35th Anniversary)
- Beatys Butte Fenceline Retrofit Project (making fence wildlife friendly for migrating pronghorn)
- McDermitt Creek Lithium Mine Site Visit (learning about the environmental implications of a potential lithium mine to some very important sage-grouse habitat and an area near the Oregon Desert Trail)
- Trout Creek Mountains Group Monitoring Trip (walking and surveying fence lines for future removal or retrofit projects)
We’ll also have independent projects along the Oregon Desert Trail including:
- Badlands Wilderness Recreation Impact Monitoring
- ODT/Fremont Forest Recreation Impact Monitoring & Trail Work
- Alvord Desert Recreation Impact Monitoring
- Steens Mountain Wilderness Recreation Impact Monitoring & Trail Work
- Oregon Desert Trail Impact Monitoring
2022 will be a busy year! I’m also going hiking for a few months this summer…all good things!
See you out there?